I am a PhD student at the Atmospheric Chemistry Modeling Group, Harvard University.
- Development and evaluation of atmospheric chemistry models such as the GEOS-Chem chemical transport model (CTM).
- Development of coupled meteorology/climate-chemistry models by coupling models such as WRF, CESM2 to the GEOS-Chem CTM.
- Writing high-performance, scalable code to do science better
- Always waiting for new adventures!
- Development of the Harmonized Emissions Component (HEMCO) and interfacing it with the Community Atmosphere Model (CAM) in CESM
- Running the GEOS-Chem model and WRF-GC with HPC on the cloud.
- Software maintenance of the WRF-GC coupled model.
Lin, H., Feng, X., Fu, T-M., Tian, H., Ma, Y., Zhang, L., Jacob, D. J., Yantosca, R. M., Sulprizio, M. P., Lundgren, E. W., Zhuang, J., Zhang, Q., Lu, X., Zhang, L., Shen, L., Guo, J., Eastham, S. D. and Keller, C. A.: WRF-GC (v1.0): online coupling of WRF (v18.104.22.168) and GEOS-Chem (v12.2.1) for regional atmospheric chemistry modeling, Part 1: description of the one-way model (v1.0), Geosci. Model Dev., 2020. PDF
Zhuang, J., Jacob, D.J., Lin, H., Lundgren, E.W., Yantosca, R.M., Flo Gaya, J., Sulprizio, M.P. and Eastham, S.D., Efficient high-performance computing on the Amazon Web Services cloud with over a thousand cores: application to global atmospheric chemistry simulations at 50-km resolution with GEOS-Chem 12.3.2, J. Adv. Model. Earth. Sy., 2020.
- WRF-GC: Running WRF with the GEOS-Chem chemical module: Model Clinic, 9th International GEOS-Chem Meeting (IGC9), at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA, May 2019. WRF-GC Website
- Development of a Meteorology-Chemistry Coupled Model: WRF-GC, Preliminary Results (poster), American Geosciences Union/Chinese Academy of Sciences Joint Meeting (AJM JING Meeting), at Xi’an, China, October 2018.
- Coupling GEOS-Chem with WRF: Developing a new Meteorology-Chemistry Coupled Model, Preliminary Results (poster). 1st GEOS-Chem Asia Meeting (GCA1), at NUIST, Nanjing, China, May 2018.
Select Day-to-day Work Presentations
- HEMCO: Restructuring and interfacing with CAM, at Model Development Subgroup (MDS) in Jacob Group, 19 May 2020. PDF
- HEMCO: Developments at Harvard and collaboration with NCAR, in Jacob Group in collaboration with NOAA, 04 Mar 2020. PDF
- WRF|GC: Online coupling of WRF and GEOS-Chem for regional air quality modeling: coupled model introduction, at ClimaCell, Boston, MA, USA, 27 Jan 2020. PDF
- Restructuring HEMCO, at NCAR/ACOM, Boulder, CO, USA, 07 January 2020. PDF