I am a PhD student at the Atmospheric Chemistry Modeling Group, Harvard University.
- Development and evaluation of atmospheric chemistry models such as the GEOS-Chem chemical transport model (CTM).
- Development of coupled meteorology/climate-chemistry models by coupling models such as WRF, CESM2 to the GEOS-Chem CTM.
- Writing high-performance, scalable code to do science better
- Always waiting for new adventures!
- Development of the Harmonized Emissions Component (HEMCO) and interfacing it with the Community Atmosphere Model (CAM) in CESM
- Running the GEOS-Chem model and WRF-GC with HPC on the cloud.
- Software maintenance of the WRF-GC coupled model.
Lin, H., Feng, X., Fu, T-M., Tian, H., Ma, Y., Zhang, L., Jacob, D. J., Yantosca, R. M., Sulprizio, M. P., Lundgren, E. W., Zhuang, J., Zhang, Q., Lu, X., Zhang, L., Shen, L., Guo, J., Eastham, S. D. and Keller, C. A.: WRF-GC: online coupling of WRF and GEOS-Chem for regional atmospheric chemistry modeling, Part 1: description of the one-way model (v1.0), submitted to Geosci. Model Dev., 2019. Geosci. Model. Dev. Discuss., in review, 2020.
Zhuang, J., Jacob, D.J., Lin, H., Lundgren, E.W., Yantosca, R.M., Flo Gaya, J., Sulprizio, M.P., Eastham, S.D., and Jorissen, K., Efficient high-performance computing on the Amazon Web Services cloud with over a thousand cores: application to global atmospheric chemistry simulations at 50-km resolution with GEOS-Chem 12.3.2, submitted to J. Adv. Model. Earth. Sy., 2020.
- Restructuring HEMCO, at NCAR/ACOM, Boulder, CO, USA, January 2020. PDF
- WRF-GC: Running WRF with the GEOS-Chem chemical module: Model Clinic, 9th International GEOS-Chem Meeting (IGC9), at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA, May 2019. WRF-GC Website
- Development of a Meteorology-Chemistry Coupled Model: WRF-GC, Preliminary Results (poster), American Geosciences Union/Chinese Academy of Sciences Joint Meeting (AJM JING Meeting), at Xi’an, China, October 2018.
- Coupling GEOS-Chem with WRF: Developing a new Meteorology-Chemistry Coupled Model, Preliminary Results (poster). 1st GEOS-Chem Asia Meeting (GCA1), at NUIST, Nanjing, China, May 2018.